[Back to Humor Index] [Previous Joke][Next Joke][Alma Temple Home] [Belleview College Home]
Occasionally, airline attendants
make an effort to make the "in-flight
1. From a Southwest Airlines employee. "There may be 50 was to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane."
2. Pilot - "Folks, we have reached our cruising altitude now, so I am going to switch the seatbelt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land.it's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wings it affects the flight pattern."
3. After landing: "Thank you for flying Delta Business Express. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."
4. As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a lone voice comes over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"
5. From a Southwest Airlines employee."Welcome about Southwest Flight XXX to YYY. To operate your seatbelt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seatbelt and if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised.
In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, oxygen masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with two small children, decide now which one you love more."
6. "Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but they'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you or your money more than Southwest Airlines."
7. "Your seat cushions can be used for flotation and in the event of an emergency water landing, please take them with our compliments."
8. "As you exit the plane, please make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."
9. "Last one off the plane must clean it."
10. From the pilot during his welcome message:
"We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry.unfortunately,
none of them
11. Overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo, Texas on a particularly windy and bumpy day. During the final approach, the Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant came on the PA and announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo. Please remain in your seats with your seatbelts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"
12. Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."
13. An airline pilot wrote that on this
particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard.
The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the
door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying
XYZ airline." He said that in light of his bad landing, he had a
hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would
have a smart comment. Finally, everyone had gotten off except for
this little old lady walking with a cane. She
14. After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the flight attendant came on with, "Ladies and gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt up against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal.
15. Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement: "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of us here at US Airways."
16. On a Southwest Airline's flight late
one evening: "The Captain will be turning down the lights as we prepare
for take-off. This isn't necessary for any technical purpose.
It's just been a long day and our flight attendants don't look as lovely
as they did this morning."
This page last updated 03-22-2000; ©2000, Pillar of Fire; All rights reserved