35 WAYS TO KNOW THAT
YOU OR YOUR PARENTS ARE MISSIONARIES
1. You can't answer the question, "Where
are you from?".
2. You speak two languages, but can't
3. You embarrass yourself by asking what
swear words mean.
4. You read National Geographic and recognize
5. You have a time zone map next to your
6. You would rather eat seaweed than cafeteria
7. You consider a city 500 km away to
be "very close".
8. You watch nature documentaries, and
think about how good that animal would taste if it were fried.
9. You can cut grass with a machete, but
can't start a lawnmower.
10. You speak with authority on the subject
of airline travel.
11. You read the international section
before the comics.
12. Strangers say they can remember you
when you were "this tall".
13. You have friends from or in 29 different
14. You do your devotions in another language.
15. You sort your friends by continent.
16. You realize that furlough is not a
17. You wince when people mispronounce
18. You like everything from Reggae to
19. You know how to pack.
20. Fitting 15 or more people into a car
seems normal to you.
21. You prefer to gravel roads as highways.
22. You haggle with the checkout clerk
for a lower price.
23. You don't think that two hours is
a long sermon.
24. You think nothing of straddling white
lines to pass between
trucks or buses travelling side by side,
because "There was
plenty of room, officer. Honest! At least
15 centimeters clearance!"
25. You go to the local Korean restaurant
just to listen to the conversation.
26. You have to have five hot sauces on
a Big Mac.
27. You marvel at the cleanliness of gas
28. Your last memories of your parents'
families are 20 years old.
29. You think you've died and gone to
heaven when you go into a foreign grocery store.
30. You have a name in at least two different
languages, and it's not the same one.
31. You miss the sub-titles when you see
the latest .
32. You feel you need to move after you've
lived in the same place for a month.
33. Your idea of a good night is a Japanese
cartoon and some seaweed and rice.
34. You cruise the Internet looking for
fonts that support your "native" language's alphabet.
35. You think a "foreign school" conducts
classes in English.
--thanks to ChristianWorld.com
[Back to Humor Index] [Next
joke] [Alma Temple Home] [Belleview